Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Low energy lamps

On 2006-09-05 17:59:04 +0100, The Natural Philosopher said:

Kev wrote:
Dave Fawthrop wrote:

IME they do not fail at all, well *very* rarely. After running the whole
house on low energy bulbs except for a few long flourescents, for mumble
years I have last week had my first failure, a 23 watt bulb at the top of
the stairs, it just stopped working. Highly chuffed with the long life
of these lamps, IME well in excess of the advertised 10,000 hours.
--

Just out of interest, how did you dispose of the old bulb as you aren't
supposed to bin them but there again I am hardly likely to all the way

Kevin

well theres more mercury in my moth than in a few thousand CFL's.

Do you think they will need a permit to bury me?

You should get them replaced... it can make you go mad, you know....