Ted Edwards

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a regulator

jim rozen wrote:

In article wG7Jb.96458$VB2.220705@attbi_s51, Loren Coe says...

i have been following you guys, haven't had the incentive to continue but
that will come, i have a spare bell xmfr and i know how to float a scope,
it has been awhile, tho. does anyone think the power meter would be of
any use (the one on the side of the home)?

I tried this as a first attempt to find the real power
for my idling phase converter motor. It didn't
work, there were enough other small loads in the house
that I was unwilling to shut off, that swamped
the 200 watt signal I was trying to see. If you could
be sure that *everything* else was off, you might
have a chance at it.

Even if you can shut down _every_ load except the one in question, I
would want to ask just how accurate is the standard house meter at such
light loads. After all, they are concerend with an upper linmit on the
order of 20 or so KW. A few tens or hundreds of watts is a long way
below full scale.

Ted