Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] lairdy@gmail.com is offline

Default Low energy lamps

Roger wrote:
The message .com
from contains these words:

Funny that. I recent bought a few from Morrisons. The only one used so
far has a delay in excess of 2 seconds before it shows any light at all.
By far the worst of all the low energy bulbs I have used since I
switched to low energy a decade or so ago.

A bad batch or bad leccy, perhaps ? I've not had any that have been
that sluggish, although to be fair my own reaction times may be so slow
as to render any delay unnoticeable...

I hope it is not a bad batch as the delay is long enough to be tiresome.
I must try one of the others sometime.

I do not have any low energy bulbs in locations where I really need
immediate light, so it may be that I have simply not noticed. But I
have had earlier compact fluorescents which were tediously slow in
comparison (not to say dismal in light output), so I was a little
surprised at your experience.

It's only a shame that the areas of the house with the greatest
lighting demand have fittings which will only accept more standard
bulbs. Especially as the kids leave these on all the time...

--
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."