Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default RJ45 Flush mounted wall Jack Wiring Help

wrote:

Hi, am to clean up my house and don't want all these etherwires on the
floor so i am running everything trought my attic, I have enought wire
to got to each room. I purchaced Philips Modular outlets wall plate
RJ45 type, and here is my question I know how to wire the cat 5 cable
but i can't seem to find a wiring scheme for the wall plate it has 8
coundutors Blue, Orange, black, red, greenish blue, yellow, brown and
white. They don't match up to the colors for the ether cable. I was
wondering if anybody know where i can find the scheme or if anybody
know what it, i would really appriciate it. Thanks

The colors are immaterial. While its useful to have the wire color match the
jack, as long as you are consistent, you can use any scheme you like.