Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Dryer receptacle worries

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi just bought new home 1 1/2 years now. I recently was considering new
dryer but now am concerned the 220 volt dryer receptacle is sitting 3/4
inches off the floor it is actually cut into the baseboard. Is this ok
or should I be contacting my builder. I am worried any flooding or
overflow from my washer would surely seep into the receptacle.

I wouldn't worry about water; the worst it could do is short out the
circuit. I can't see it being either a fire or electrical hazzard.
Does the electrical box have a cover over it under the molding? That is
necessary for fire safety.