Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Dryer receptacle worries

wrote:

thanks for the reply I understand I can turn the water off but if it
overflows before I discover it in a very short time it will reach the
height of the receptacle and my fear is it will cause a major
electrical issue or possibly become dangerous.

Jeff

Is this in a basement where water can actually build up? If it's on an
upper floor which is implied by the low mounting height and baseboard
then it's very unlikely you could get an accumulation of water that high
anyway as it would flow under doors and down through floors. If it is on
an upper floor you might want to get one of the inexpensive plastic
washer pans and plumb it into the drain so if there is a washer leak /
overflow the water will not destroy your house.

Pete C.