Posted to alt.home.repair
Ninetails Ninetails is offline

Default Cracked Plastic Outer Tub in Maytag Washer

jay wrote:
I have a three year old Maytag Washer which developed a water leak.
After removing the front panel, I tracked the leak to a vertical crack
on the plastic outer tub. Can this be fixed with some type of epoxy or
should I just buy a new washer? Thx

The epoxy will just fall apart after a few cycles, especially if you
use a strong detergent like Tide. (I know this from experience, sigh.)
I would contact Maytag and complain about this---a three-year old
washer should not be giving you this sort of trouble. I am in the
process of getting rid of my Maytag, which lasted 10 years but in the
meantime gave me nothing but grief. The company has gone downhill IMO,
and I won't buy Maytag again.