Brian Lawson

Default Idiot on Ebay (ohojim)

Hey TMT,

Yeah.... but he is SUCH a nice guy! OHO stands for One Horse Outfit,
and that's him. Good seller in my books, although I agree about the
band width. Blowing through his stuff can slow you down so much that
you miss a bid on an item you wanted due to bid closing time-out.

Take care.

Happy New Year.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
On 2 Jan 2004 08:31:44 -0800,
(Too_Many_Tools) wrote:

I have been following this thread with some interest since this
practice of multiple listings for the same item is a pet peeve of
mine. When one is on a dialup with limited bandwidth, any behavior
like this uses bandwidth that one can ill afford to squander.

While there has been a number of good suggestions, I have yet to see
the one I use. If a seller chooses to "spam" the listings with
multiple listings of the same item, I send them a short email pointing
out that Dutch auctions should be used for this type of item. I also
mention that if I see it occurring again I will NEVER purchase
ANYTHING from them. In the end, some sellers take the hint and modify
their behavior while others (Ohojim) never learn. If everyone who
reads this newsgroup would send a "friendly" reminder to Ohojim
mentioning that his questionable sales tactics are negatively
affecting his bottom line, I suspect that this would be the last time
you see this problem from him. If he doesn't get the message from your
emails, by carrying through with not buying from him will definitely
get the message through.

TMT

(Dave) wrote in message om...
(AllenB) wrote in message . com...
Some idiot called ohojim is really spoiling the ebay
experience.
I regularly type "lathe" into the search box, to see
what auctions are ending in the next few days, now thanks
to this idiot I get hundreds of listings for books, many
with the same title, it makes it very difficult to browse
the other auctions.
Try typing "live steam" into the search box, the same idiot
has saturated the results with his book listings. [...]

Often it is possible to limit the search to one category such as
"Business and Industrial" and avoid the toys and games.