lane

Default Sheet Metal project price question.

If there is anybody here that has experience pricing a sheet metal project I
would appreciate some ideas of what a commercial shop would charge for this.

I will be making a drip shield surrounding an 18"x30"x1" fixture plate using
304 SS in 20 gage. The shield will be at a 45 degrees angle all the way
around the plate up and away from the periphery. This shield will be about 7
inches tall and hence will add 14 inches to the overall width and length of
the plate. The attachment point will be a 1" horizontal flange with 1/4"
holes every 6 inches or so to screw it down to the plate surface. The
corners will have to be connected with screws and slots so that attachment
to a non perfect plate can still be accomplished. Hopefully I've described
it well enough that you can get a mental picture.

I have no experience in this at all and have no idea what to expect. I've
pretty much got the job unless I'm way out of line in the price department,
hence I need some ideas, don't have to be exact. I'm thinking in the $100
dollar range for labor plus material.

BTW I appreciate all the knowledge and help that this forum provides apart
from the political rhetoric.

Lane