Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Rich Rich is offline

Default Power for tablesaw in shop?

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Andrew Williams" wrote in message
news:040920060815068887%andrewSPAMALOT@williamsmus ic.com...
In theory, the power output of a motor running 15A at 120v is identical
to the same rig running 7.5A at 240v, but in practice, this is not the
case. As the load increases, efficiency declines and the motor will
draw more energy from the mains in order to complete its task. the
higher voltage motor will also suffer from this, but to a lesser
degree. This is why you see large scale industrial motors running at
higher voltages (and lower amperages), rather than using something like
120v/50A. I doubt that the savings in electrical cost will be
enormous, but over time it will add up (or subtract up, down, whatever

Yep. Probably save you $1.00 per year.

And the savings have been already lost on the whole conversation even at a
$1/hour we have spent more time on this than the savings! Now I like teflon
tape to seal water fittings.........

LOL Happy Labor Day