Sunworshiper

Default The IDEAL Machinery Moving Trailer?

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:20:22 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

No, it isn't, Jim. The issue is INSURANCE. My truck costs over $100/month
just to park it in my driveway, insured. No one will write a policy that
isn't a "commercial" policy. Trailers, OTOH, don't cost anything for
insurance. I sold my truck and am now looking at trailers ..

However, this trailer can't get a Bridgeport down an ancient cracked external
concrete stairwell like a knuckle boom truck can .. see for yourself:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/IHyard.jpg
http://www.tinyisland.com/images/mill10.jpg

Now that is cool ! I can't seem to get the OP pictures , but will
those types of trailers that go down to the ground handle that much
weight? I've only seen two and they both had a lever type suspension
which sure didn't "look" like it could handle something heavy and
survive pot holes or such.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Too_Many_Tools
says...

As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of
moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an
occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey
to upgrade our shops.

I would say, Grant Irwin's knuckle boom truck is the
perfect solution.

Jim