Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] lairdy@gmail.com is offline

Default Low energy lamps

Graham wrote:
"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
What's the normal failure mode for low energy lamps? I have (had!) an
Osram Dulux 20W/827 lamp just above me and all of a sudden it failed -
no flickering, no dimming - it just went out!
It's temporarily replaced with a 40W candle bulb which was lying about
downstairs until tomorrow.

The last time I dissected one there were one or two bulging electrolytics
that looked as if they were underrated.
At 50p each from Morrosons, I am in no hurry to waste time repairing one.

49.5p actually, if you are referring to the buy-one-get-one-free 99p
offers that come round regularly. I'm rather impressed with these
bulbs - reasonably quick to get to full output, which is pleasingly
white. Can hardly go wrong for 50p ;-)

--
"He who lives by the sword laughs last."