Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Glen Glen is offline

Default Power for tablesaw in shop?

In article . net, 9878
@earthlink.net says...

"Clint" wrote in message
news:ZFDKg.501703$iF6.501568@pd7tw2no...
AFAIK, there is no energy savings to be had, running 220(240?) instead of
110/120. There may be less voltage drop when running 220, but no energy
savings.

DAGS for "120v 240v difference", and have fun.

Clint

"Eric in North TX" wrote in message
s.com...

It probably depends on how much you use it. I inherited my dads wood
working equipment, and most of it is 220v but, he used it a good
portion of every day, so it made sense to have it on 220v for the
savings on electricity. I will say they are more powerful than before
he made the motor switch, you just can't lug down the belt sander, and
the table saw is like a hot knife through butter. I don't know if he
upped the HP when he made the change, but they are sweet machines now.

Running 220 volts cuts the amperage in half.This is an energy and money
saver.

Yes, amperage is cut in half but since power is product of amps and
volts, watts are still same. My electric Co. bills on watts
(kilowatts). Does yours bill on amperage?