Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
C&S C&S is offline

Default Power for tablesaw in shop?

I would make sure that the feed is a dedicated outlet. Then you can change
the voltage from 110 to 220 by just swapping out outlet an breaker. I would
also go with 10 guage wire just in case you want to move up to a 5HP machine
some day.

The one outlet that I had to "add" in my (20x25) shop after constrution was
the 110 under the saw outfeed table (my saw is in the middle of the room). I
now have a power strip there so I don alway have to plug in on the perimeter
of the room.

-Steve

wrote in message
Initiated a new woodworking shop endeavor last week and have "anything
goes" on electrical from the contractor and wonder where the "typical"
power source is for the TS whether 110V or 220V. Currently have 110V
TS and it was plugged into a ceiling receptacle and was happy with
that not having to step over a cord on the floor but inquiring minds
wonder what other alternatives exist. Got the X10 for dust collection
that was utilizing the same circuit and enjoyed it muchly. Small
compressor can use either voltage but will probably convert to 220V
for efficiency. Shop/garage will be 24X30 with 9' ceilings with half
bath and drain board/sink adjacent and 3 windows with 18' garage door
and person door. Anxiously awaiting completion! Anxiously awaiting