Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default Water softener and soap in shower

Stains in the toilet may be due to rust (iron in the water). Your
water softener may not be able to remove enough iron to remedy this. I
have to use both a water softener and a whole-house iron filter to get
rid of the rust stains.

Jo Ann

Eddie G wrote:

I still get water stains in the toilet...I thought the softener would
stop that.

Also, it is too late for me to change the water feeds. The softener is
right after my main water valve for the entire house, so I'm stuck with
it for drinkin, plants, and outside watering.