Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water softener and soap in shower

On 2 Sep 2006 09:37:44 -0700, " wrote:

I have an unsoftened water line to the kitchen sink. I drink that to
avoid the taste of softened water (although lots of people don't mind
it), and I fill my indoor watering can from that. I have an unsoftened
line to the back yard spigot, too; I'm not sure if it would hurt the
plants, but I don't see any reason to pay for soft water for them.

Jo Ann

Good !
People should avoid drinking softened water.
It contains too much residual sodium.

The most economical way to plumb the softener,
is to have it feed your hot-water heater.
That way you use softened water for washing.

rj