Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Rigid band saw

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 14:41:51 -0400, "Mike Mac" wrote:

Yes.. I'll have to declare it. My experience so far is that I'll only have
to pay the Cdn Sales tax (7%) when I bring it in, not any specific actual
'duty', so still a savings.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how the US-Mexico exchange would work.

I've been told that duty is up to 20%...

Today I'm making my first pen ever on my new lathe... will post a pic in
alt.binaries when assembled. Stay tuned!

COOL!
For most folks, the first one or 2 are pretty bad, but you won't know that until
you look at it after turning a lot more pens... but they're also the
"keepers"... something about those first couple of pens..

Mike
www.ottawawood.com

"mac davis" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:28:16 -0400, "Mike Mac"
wrote:

Exactly my frustration.

MAC, thanks for the confirmation that the kit DOES fit on the BS1400, good
to know.

So I'm left with shipping to a UPS Store in Ogdensburg, where they will
hold
for it for you for a small fee, then drive down and get it.

Mike

That brings up a border question, Mike... Do you then have to declare the
thing
and pay duty on it?

We're moving to Mexico next month and I'm wondering how I'm going to
handle my
usual orders with Lee Valley, PSI, etc....

We'll have an address in the nearest town on the US side of the border and
will
pick it up there or have the local (baja) postal service pick it up on the
weekly run, but I'm not sure how duty and stuff work...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis