Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default cordless drills, power difference between cheap and half decent?

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
Funny how they give that figure in inch pounds. Bigger number. Sounds
better
than 47 (rounded up in true salesman style) foot pounds. Relatively few
people know what that means any way, just bigger is better. Reminds me of
the Radio Shack twit that told me one phone was better than the other
because it had more gigahertz.

Yeah, really it is close to 85 foot pounds which sounds even better to me.
As for the phone, we have a 3 phone set that is sold as a 5.8 gigahertz
IIRC. 5.8 gigahertz in one direction, that is, 2.8 in the other. Seems
kinda silly to make a phone that will transmit or receive farther than it
will receive or transmit. ;~) Might as well call it a 2.8 gigahertz phone.