Don Foreman

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a regulator

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 19:59:34 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Sure, there's less potential energy in the
final, stored gas of that two-tank system, than
in the original, one-tank configuration.
Don's point: energy does *not* appear as
heat "in the regulator" during the gas transfer.

- He's correct.

The gas regulator does not get hot.

Well, he's correct in the observation that the regulator
does not get hot, not in the conclusion he draws from that
fact--that there is thus no loss in the regulator.

I did not conclude that there is no loss because it doesn't get hot.
My assertion was based on power in vs power out, which are the same.