Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Be careful out there!

"Upscale" wrote in
:

Not really as I look at it. Anyway you want to look at it, it takes a
pretty big leap of faith to push a body part into a spinning saw
blade, Sawstop or not. It's just not something that one can get lazy
about in my opinion. I don't think anyone is going to get complacent
with their fingers and I certainly wouldn't get complacent using a
Sawtop knowing there's less chance of losing a finger. I can't comment
on other people. Kickbacks and flying pieces of wood are still a
definite possibility on a Sawstop and that type of incident are by far
more common on any type of tablesaw than losing a finger. It's not as
if the Sawtop is suddenly going to prevent any type of injury, just
most of the more serious ones.

I like to point out in discussions like this about technology and human
safety, just what the first rule of technology is: Technology fails.

Puckdropper