Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Be careful out there!

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 13:44:46 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:06:55 -0400, Joe Bemier
wrote:

Frankly, I would not want young kids learning on SS. I believe it
would result in a complacency that follows them to an accident later
on.

Instead, I would teach safety and procedure for use of the machine.
When operated properly a TS is *not* a dangerous piece of equipment.

While what you say has merit, one could accomplish the same thing by
requiring that anyone causing the saw stop to fire is required to pay for
the new cartridges. At least, when I was growing up, that would have been
sufficient reason for caution.

Or by painting the thing grey and not telling anyone in the class what
it really is.

-Leuf