Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Bemier Joe Bemier is offline

Default Be careful out there!

On 2 Sep 2006 05:30:13 -0700, "arw01"
wrote:

When the school board gets the workman's comp. claims, the program will
be lucky to survive. The medical claims could be half a million easy.

He should have been fired when you noted the safety violations, schools
can no longer afford such luxuries with the massive lawsuits the
ambulance chasers will bring.

In the immediate budget should be a sawstop, period. Our poorest local
school district is buying two for their highschool program.

It would be hard to fathom that a grant cannot be found for schools to
purchase them.

Alan

Frankly, I would not want young kids learning on SS. I believe it
would result in a complacency that follows them to an accident later
on.

Instead, I would teach safety and procedure for use of the machine.
When operated properly a TS is *not* a dangerous piece of equipment.