Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default cordless drills, power difference between cheap and half decent?

"John Doe" wrote in message
m...
Patriarch wrote:

snip

Ten years is a _long_ time for a high tech tool. How old is your
computer? How much of the 'old one' was really dead when you
replaced it last time?

So you should think "upgrade path".

That's why I went with 18 V like Steve suggested. I need the power.
If necessary, I can save up for an 18 V impact driver.

Thanks to all of the replies.

Keep in mind that a 12 volt impact driver will beat the pants off of a 24
volt driver/drill when it comes to sinking screws. I finally went to 12
volt 2 years ago after using 9.6 volt since the early 90's. I prefer a
drill that can be used all day long and not wear me out.