Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie G Eddie G is offline

Default Water softener and soap in shower

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Pop`" wrote in message

Contrary to what someone else said, softened water IS potable and won't
hurt to drink. It won't however taste very good and can make a bad pot of
coffeeg! I

You won't get the buildup that ruins the coffee maker though. In most cases,
carbon filtered water is all that is needed for good drinking. Gets rid of
the chlorine and whatever else may lurk in your system.

I still get water stains in the toilet...I thought the softener would
stop that.

Also, it is too late for me to change the water feeds. The softener is
right after my main water valve for the entire house, so I'm stuck with
it for drinkin, plants, and outside watering.