Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Water softener and soap in shower

On 09/02/06 10:48 am Eddie G wrote:

How do you adjust the softener? My softener removes hardness by releasing
sodium and sequestering calcium. There's no control over this, it removes
calcium as long ass it has sodium, I think. Do you rig a bypass so some hard
water is mixed with the output of the softener?

My softener has a setting that is based on the hardness level.
Depending on how hard the water is, the higher I can set the softener.
It is a Waterboss if you are familiar with that brand.

I have a WaterBoss. If I understood the manual correctly, the hardness
setting merely determines how many gallons of softened water you can use
before it regenerates. AIUI, as long as the thing is not overdue for
regeneration (i.e., as long as you did not tell it that your water is
softer than it really is), the water it supplies will be as soft as the
device is able to make it.

Perce