Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default Water softener and soap in shower

Last year I moved into a house with a water softener. I got used to
the slick feeling fairly quickly and like the way it leaves my hair and
skin (soft). The thing I really like about softened water, though, is
the way it leaves my tub, shower, sinks, and laundry! I can use half
the laundry soap, yet the clothes are cleaner, and it's much easier to
clean the tub, glass shower doors, sinks, and fixtures.

I have an unsoftened water line to the kitchen sink. I drink that to
avoid the taste of softened water (although lots of people don't mind
it), and I fill my indoor watering can from that. I have an unsoftened
line to the back yard spigot, too; I'm not sure if it would hurt the
plants, but I don't see any reason to pay for soft water for them.

Jo Ann

Eddie G wrote:
I installed a water softener several months ago and since then I notice
in the shower that I feel that the soap doesn't fully rinse off of me.
Is this normal with water softeners? Does this mean my wateris TOO
soft?

Should I use a different brand of soap, like Zest, that promotes no
soapy feeling?

Thanks!!

Eddie G