Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass Vass is offline

Default toilet inlet valve query

I have a Torbeck inlet valve for a new toilet I intend to fit today.
Problem is, its a bottom inlet valve and the brass thread that goes through
the cistern has no internal shoulder to push up a pipe and screw on
in fact the hole is very small.
There is an additional threaded nut on the outside, but no instructions
or apprant way for connecting the copper (or plastic) incoming mains to this
see pic
http://www.naldernet.plus.com/holding/valve1.JPG
I bought this fitting, which fits, but presumably I use PTFE tape on the 2
touching brass threads
and make sure the rubber washer sits inside?
http://www.naldernet.plus.com/holding/valve2.JPG
Is this right?/wrong?
can anyone help me find a way to connect the pipework to this please?
thanks
--
Vass
'02 YZF-R1