Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Be careful out there!

In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:
On 1 Sep 2006 19:52:43 -0700, "marc rosen" wrote:

wrote:
I had a drafting (For some reason it was called "mechanical drawing")
class in Junior High. I'll always remember the teacher holding up
his right hand, which was missing most of the index and ring fingers,
and saying, "I used to be a wood shop teacher until this happened..."

Hey Larry,
I think we went to the same school. Old Court JHS? I don't want to
name the teacher on line but if you contact me off group I'll tell you.
Are you related to other Wassermans from Randallstown?
Marc

Just curious, how was he able to teach drafting yet not be able to
continue to teach woodshop? ... or was it that he no longer wanted to have
anything to do with woodshop after the accident?

I ask because it seems that a significant amount of manual dexterity is
required for good mechanical drawing work.

...snipped...

He never explained that, but I really don't know any reason he
couldn't have continued to teach wood shop. He still had one hand
intact. Maybe he wanted to quit teaching wood shop while he still had
enough fingers left to switch to drafting!

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland