Posted to uk.d-i-y
gort gort is offline

Default Crack on outside wall

Thanks for your comments that is the problem I am going to have!!
Insurance company sent out loss adjuster who then inturn sent out a
structural engineer but he doesn't really know why it happened and has
only mention it May have been caused by this earthquake. He completely
ruled out subsidance which I was really worried about.

I think you need an independant LOSS ASSESOR as well. Adjusters work for
the insurance company to keep their payouts to a minimum. Loss Assesors
work for you, for a fee I think, and try to get you as much as possible.
Ask Citizens advice if they keep a list.

HTH

Dave