Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gloxx1961 Gloxx1961 is offline

Default Crack on outside wall

MikeH wrote:
Gloxx1961 wrote:
[snip]
.... I have informed insurance company in Febuary but only got a final
reply that
this crack was due to earthquake movement that happend in 2001/2002 and
that I wasn't insured with them at the time and to take it up with
insuer that I was
...[snip]

How the hell do they know that? Can they prove it?

If you have a crack that's growing you should get a structural engineer
to give you an opinion as to the cause.

Mike

Thanks for your comments that is the problem I am going to have!!
Insurance company sent out loss adjuster who then inturn sent out a
structural engineer but he doesn't really know why it happened and has
only mention it May have been caused by this earthquake. He completely
ruled out subsidance which I was really worried about.