Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Be careful out there!

I had a high school shop teacher who was a safety fanatic.

I thought he overdid it a bit. But all my fingers are still intact.

I thought that all high school teachers were safety fanatics. Apparently
not.

He has no legitimate excuse for what happened to him. He is supposed to be
teaching shop safety. And practising it as well.

Reminds me of the guy they sent around every year to the grade schools who
lectured on never picking up blasting caps. He had almost no fingers. It
made an impression on me. I can still see his mangled hands today.