Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] support@sellcom.com is offline

Default cordless drills, power difference between cheap and half decent?

John Doe spake thusly and wrote:

I have a Skil 12 V cordless drill purchased for about $50 (US) a few
years ago. I guess it doesn't even have a part number, it just says
Variable Speed 12 Volts. It has seven torque settings plus the drill
setting. Besides foreword, stop, and reverse, there are no other
functions.

I'm wondering how much more powerful is a Makita 14.4 volt 6337DWDE
MFORCE driver?

Just a new battery can make a lot of difference. There has
been a lot of forward progress in the arena of cordless
tools over the last few years. I think I would shop for 18
or 19 volt unless you have some great deal set up.

Steve
--
www.sellcom.com for firewood splitters, ergonomic chairs,
office phone systems, "non-mov" surge protection, Exabyte,