Posted to rec.woodworking
Reed Reed is offline

Default Rigid band saw

"Mike Mac" wrote in
:

As for the RISER kit, I've run into the same problem..

HD doesn't stock it, but can Special Order it. ~$165 CDN.
Ridiculously expensive. I've read forum conversations that state the
GRIZZLY 6" Riser kit will fit, then you will need to buy 105" blades,
but I've not tried it. (They won't ship to Canada, due to the fact
they are co-owned by the same people that run BusyBee up here) I'm
tempted to have it shipped to a UPS store near the border, (I'm in
Ottawa, Ontario) and just go and pick it up.

http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/allacc.phtml

Contains a link that lists the Ridgid riser block (pt no AC5005) for US
$59.97. Although their "Order this Product" links don't seem to be
working properly this morning, you might be able to use the website's
listed price as ammunition if you call their telephone service (listed on
the Ridgidparts.com home page as 1-866-539-1710) and they give you a
different price...

--
I was punching a text message into my phone | Reed Snellenberger
yesterday and thought, "They need to make a | rsnellenberger