Posted to rec.woodworking
JD JD is offline

Default Rigid band saw

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 14:20:10 +0000, Jimmy wrote:

I'm looking at the Rigid band saw at H.D. Anyone had any expeiance with it?
I can't find a riser block for it. Anyone know if one is made for it? The
saw is here. Hope the link works, it's pretty long.

The bandsaw is fine. First thing though, toss out the blade that comes
with saw. It is one poor piece of steel, dull and impossible to cut a
straight line with. Get a good blade like TimberWolf blade or even a
mediocre one and you will immediately notice the difference. Also, you
will want to buy or build a fence, especially for resawing. Then take the
time and read the instructions and tune it up. Mine will cut mahogany
circa 1/32" veneer without trouble.

JD