Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] swimmydeepo@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default decorating concrete blocks to make them look like bricks?

I think the main downside here is that it will be both more expensive
and take longer to make blocks look like bricks than to just use bricks
in the first place - by quite some margin.

--
Grunff

Carving blocks was only one of the ideas...and anyhow, as far as I know
concrete blocks are sold at B&Q at about a third of the cost of bricks.

Regarding time; I am much more comfortable with angle grinders than
mortar (and its mixing and 'hurry up' cos' that stuff is gonna to dry
up...and yes throw away the remainder -half or so'- cos' I'm too slow!
- is that cost effective?).

Consider the texture paint...that must be the better solution...any
expert out there?

Alex