Ted Edwards

Default BANDSAW power, so what would be my best options for powering this machine HELP!

Roy wrote:

I really do not know, but I don;t want to do and undo something as I

Have you given full consideration to the idea of building two saws? The
requirements for wood and metal are so different that it seems trying to
make a _good_ dual purpose saw is fraught with more difficulty than it
is worth - blade change, gullet sizes, mixing sawdust with metal chips,

I was given an old meat cutting bandsaw for which I built a table and
blade guides, put on a 1hp 240V single phase motor and wound up with an
excellent wood cutting bandsaw.

I also bought one of the so-called "$200" bandsaws for metal on which I
have a 14tpi bi-metal blade.

Having used this setup for a couple of years, I wouldn't even consider
trying to do both jobs with one saw.

You can see "Big Red" at
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/_2000_retired_files/BANDSAW.TXT

Ted