Ted Edwards

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a flowmeter

Engineman1 wrote:

properly so I put a flowmeter in the line. It is the type of flowmeter used to
regulate medical oxygen. It has a calibrated plastic tube in which a small
steel ball floats and there is a needle valve on the outlet to adjust the gas
flow to the burner jet.

That sounds like the same type of flow regulator that is used for Argon
on a TIG outfit. All the ones I've seen are calibrated for an input
pressure of 50psi. The ones on my TIG have a regulator with no external
adjustment to drop bottle pressure to 50psi. The tubes actually say
that they read cfm flow at 50 psi input. Also, they have scales on all
four sides with calibrations for different gasses.

Ted