Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Berry Adrian Berry is offline

Default Pinging RADEN... Problem with

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Adrian Berry
writes

I'll call you tomorrow.

Modureg - take the loom connector off the pcb and check for a short
circuit (testing the loom also). Something is pulling the volts down on
the pcb output. I don't think that there is a problem with the ign pcb

I would expect to see a couple of kilohms on the modureg

I tested the modureg resistance last night - can't remember the value but
it
seemed right at the time, definitely not a short.

But did you test at the loom connector that goes into the pcb or at the
gas valve ?

Checked the resistance across the terminals of the solenoid with no loom
connected.

Too awkward to measure the output voltage on the pcb as I didn't want to
disconnect the thermistos which are on the same loom.

The output voltage is fine measured at the ends of the loom furthest from
the driver pcb i.e. one lead on the modureg and one lead where it enters the
ignition pcb. The volts just don't go through the ignition pcb to the other
modureg terminal.

I have put it all together for now, CH switched off and the piston that
should be operated by by the modureg is held in with a bit of sticky
tape -
not fantastic but at least I have hot water.

I think I need a new ignition board - unless you have any brilliant ideas?

I think we're running out of options

... Monday

--
geoff