Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house,alt.med.allergy,alt.support.asthma
EXT EXT is offline

Default Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors

Although I have no numbers or statistics but I would expect that vinyl,
carpet and laminate outgassing is exponential. Something similar to 50%
during the first 100 days, 50% of whats left during the next 100 days, so on
and so on. After a period of time the outgassing is so minimal that it could
not be detected by most people as it would be down to less than 1% of the
original amount.

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know vinyl flooring offgasses toxins for quite some time, however, is
it like carpet where it stops after a few years or does it continue
offgassing for it's whole life.

Does laminate flooring (ie: Pergo and such) offgass also? If so, how
long does it last (years, decades, forever, etc.). Would vinyl or
laminate flooring be worse when it comes to releasing toxins?

Thanks,
Harry

P.S. I know there are other flooring options that are probably better
when it comes to offgassing, etc. (ie: linoleum).