Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default All of a sudden both Remote controls don't work for tv? fine for DVD

N Cook wrote in message
auto [email protected] wrote in message
I have two remote controls one rca for my Proscan (RCA) 27" tv, and one

for
my Panasonic DVD player/recorder. My DVD player is able to control the
basics of my TV operation too, even will turn on the power to the TV (no
programming required). But now all of a sudden they both stop

working.
My DVD remote still works fine for the DVD controls, but not for the TV

any
more. Batteries is not the problem. Any ideas what it could be? The

TV
is almost 10 years old.

You've probably put the TV in an illegal mode by the wrong r/c button
combination. I can do that on my own TV by trying to go into teletext mode
on a 'universal' r/c. It only half switches to teletext, the mode is
displayed on the TV's chassis display but no on-screen display and latch

up
on all functions. Returns to normal after switch off but perhaps yours has
over-ridden the default setting so stays even after switch off and on.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

addendum
If you normally switch the TV 'off' to standby , try unplugging the TV for
an hour