Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default high humidity with newly installed system

How is the air flow? I bet the fan blades are full of fiberglass
insulation.

"that guy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently had a geo comfort pardyne system installed. i have 3 ton
horizontol loop field with a 2.5 ton paradyne system.

i have air handler in attic (no basement) with everything insulated.

my issue is that my weather station in my house shows R.H. from 53-65%.
I complained to the installer and he had the supply rep come out to my
house with him and they went over everything.

I am getting some condensate from the drain, but not sure how much
itshould be. the thing cools great no problems. the unit is now short
cycling. I checked the coil and there is no air bypassing around the
coil, and even thought the istallers left some blown fiber glass
insulation in duct there was VERY little on coil.

the supply rep tells me that the "TXV" valve is always trying to
balance the freon and where you used to get 20 degree temp drop across
the coil you now get more like 14 degrees and so just can't de-humidify
like the old a/c systems.

he says I should not worry about the R.H., his instruments show it was
around 54%.

I have not paid the installer yet because of this and want to pay if I
should but don't want to if something needs to be fixed because I will
not have a "carrot" then.

I've read where humidty levels above 50% can lead to mold, dust mite
issues, etc. am I just being paranoid and should pay?