Posted to sci.electronics.repair
auto auto is offline

Default All of a sudden both Remote controls don't work for tv? fine for DVD

I have two remote controls one rca for my Proscan (RCA) 27" tv, and one for
my Panasonic DVD player/recorder. My DVD player is able to control the
basics of my TV operation too, even will turn on the power to the TV (no
programming required). But now all of a sudden they both stop working.
My DVD remote still works fine for the DVD controls, but not for the TV any
more. Batteries is not the problem. Any ideas what it could be? The TV
is almost 10 years old.