Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default The Perils of Working For Friends

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:49:00 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

He didn't give our neighbors the option, just installed them flush as per

the
plans...

Ahhh, yes ... the sweetest revenge a builder/contractor can exact from
asses: doing it _exactly_ according to their (bad) plan.

Exactly.... I think a good designer/builder can see things shaping up during
construction and suggest little changes that will enhance the home... and he
damn sure didn't do that for them.. *g*

Also, (their house was started a few months before ours) he didn't like the way
the plywood under the verandas looked on their house and asked if we'd rather
have exposed beams.. at no added costs... He's a pretty cool dude..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis