Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] smanilov@gmail.com is offline

Default How to replace kitchen cabinet hinge?

Locutus wrote:

You had half of a dozen hinges fail? I don't believe I have ever seen a
cabinet hinge fail...

They get old and ugly, but I don't think Blum would replace them in that
case.

Believe it or not but they did fail. The hinges that I have are
designed to close the kitchen cabinet doors and keep them closed. That
mechanism failed in some of them and the doors do not stay closed but
rather a little ajar. They would also not get closed if you release
them. Otherwise they hold the doors pretty strong.

The reason they failed is because some little plastic part cracked and
fell out. I think that part is located on the pin and forces the door
closed via some spring action.