Posted to rec.woodworking
wide glide wide glide is offline

Default Rail & Stile router bit set

Richard Cranium wrote:
I just bought a rail and style router bit set and have a question.

After completing the cuts with the grain using one of the bits and
then completing the cross-grain cuts with the other bit everything
went well. I got everything assembled and that phase went well too.

I want to add a profile to the outside of the rail and style that
matches the profile I already cut on the inside. To do this I could
disassemble the router bit used for cutting with the grain. Is that
acceptable? Will I have any alignment problems when I reassemble the
bit for use on a future project?

Any advise is appreciated.

R.C.

that would work, but always having to do that will become a pita real
quick. Just buy a router bit with the same profile