Ross

Default How strict should my Cat5 installation be?

BS 7671 'Requirements for Electrical Installations (IEE Wiring Regulations
16th Edition' prohibits circuits of different voltage bands sharing the same
enclosure, except in special circumstances.

For the purposes of the Regulations, telecommunications circuits are
generally classed as being in Voltage Band I, whilst mains voltage circuits
are classed as Voltage Band II.

If you would like further information on the ways in which you can solve
your problem and still comply with the Regulations, post back.

Cheers,

Ross