Tim Williams

Default Four questions form novice to welding

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
The heat required for brazing is enough to affect the temper of almost any
steel (even HSS if you aren't careful, ask how I found out!).

Heck, if you're using brass filler, you're only about 500 degrees from the
quenching temperature, as I recall. Come to think of it, I bet you could do
some furnace brazing with copper filler on HSS and get it to come out
right... Unless the Cu diffuses into the metal or something...

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson