Roy

Default Idiot on Ebay (ohojim)

On 31 Dec 2003 13:59:48 -0800, (AllenB) wrote:

===Some idiot called ohojim is really spoiling the ebay
===experience.
===I regularly type "lathe" into the search box, to see
===what auctions are ending in the next few days, now thanks
===to this idiot I get hundreds of listings for books, many
===with the same title, it makes it very difficult to browse
===the other auctions.
===Try typing "live steam" into the search box, the same idiot
===has saturated the results with his book listings. Before, I
===would get 2 maybe 3 pages of results on this search, it made
===it easy to scan, but as a result of this idiot one now has
===to wade through 9 pages of listings. Hell, I don't mind if
===someone wants to make a buck, and sells new books via ebay,
===but at least this idiot could hold one or two dutch auctions
===instead of having over 50 listings for each book!
===Ebay doesn't care this guy is a big seller.

This dude has done this many times before. It got to the point that
you could not type in anything without his crap coming up. Lots of
folks IIRC from this forum emailed him and complaianed, and IIRC it
was around News Years Day the last time he did this, and his excuse
was he did not intend to list that many items and his software program
he uses to post the stuff accidently got carried away. I think he
uses Ebays chance to post for free without a fee from the seller, that
they offer every now and then.

Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.