Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default The Perils of Working For Friends

"woodpassion" wrote
I need some guidance on how much to charge...anyone here do
paid work for friends? I'd like to just charge a flat fee of what it's
worth to me to even bother doing it...they want me to give them an
hourly rate and an estimate of how much time it will take. What do you
think? Thanks for any input. I am new here and I really appreciate
this site.

woodpassion

BTDT. I *usually* say, "If you pay me what *you* think I'm worth, I'll be
insulted; If you pay me what *I* think I'm worth, You'll be insulted".
"Just pay me enough to ensure that I won't turn you down next time."

Max