Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod LRod is offline

Default The Perils of Working For Friends

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:25:53 GMT, B A R R Y
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:

Bonanza training wheels. G

AKA: Split tailed doctor killer, as it was told to me.

Lew

I prefer the looks of the straight tailed version myself. From what I
understand, the "killer" part of the plane is totally undeserved for any
qualified pilot willing to actually do weight and balance calculations.

While W&B may be part of it, I've long had a theory that the reason
the Bonanza had such a reputation is that doctors were among the very
few that could afford a Bonanza (and the Bonanza is/was right near the
top of the desirability scale in single engine aircraft) straight out
of the box after getting a license without working up to it through
progressively more complex airplanes like the rest of us have to. Lack
of experience basically, or as we in the ATC business used to say: a
hundred mile an hour pilot in a 200 mile an hour airplane.

We used to have more trouble with Mooney pilots than any other type. I
posited that (as with Bonanzas, but from a slightly different aspect),
the affordability of the Mooney permitted too many hundred mile an
hour pilots to own them and they were far too frequently several miles
per hour behind. My experience, by the way, is mostly from the IFR
perspective, which only adds to the complexity issue.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.